Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mmmmm... Cheesecake!

YUM!

Turtle Cheesecake

Thursday I was making special preparations for some company the next day.


Triple Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
Yes, Friday I was having my parents and my younger brother and sister over for dinner.  So, to make our evening a yummy and memorable one I decided to make Rouladen for dinner.  A German dish.  This is something new to me.  I have only made it once before, but it was surprisingly delicious!  Thinly sliced pieces of beef, so very tender.  Wrapped up with Mustard, Onions, Paprika, Garlic, a Carrot and a Pickle!  Sounds a bit odd?  But tastes wonderful!  

For dessert I made 2 options... Triple Chocolate Chocolate Chip Marshmallow cookies and the main dessert... Turtle Cheesecake!   (the cookies were mainly so my husband would be happy as he does not like cheesecake at all.)  Yes, Cheesecake... Yum.  Caramel, Yum... Chocolate, double YUM! 

Friday finally arrived and everything tasted fabulous.  I was just so very happy that everything turned out.  And just before dessert I quickly whipped up some homemade Whipped Cream to enjoy with the cheesecake.    Everyone especially enjoyed the Cheesecake, (except my hubby).  And I have to say I don't think I'll be going back to AfterThoughts or any other dessert coffee shop for that matter!  I just don't know if there's ever going back to buying it again! 

But alas, from my busy last few days I'm exhausted... Maybe next time some relaxing card making will be in order. 


I hope my pictures don't make you drool too much! 


a slice of the yumminess
Rouladen
yes... pink, blue and white marshmallows... why not, eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment